DISCOVER MY STEP BY STEP
BLUEPRINT TO MAKING MORE MONEY
AND FREEING UP YOUR TIME
BY BUILDING A TEAM
AS A CREATIVE ENTREPRENEUR
You’re a driven, dedicated creative entrepreneur, but
that’s sorta wound up putting you in a position of big-time burnout:
do you REALLY want to hustle this hard forever?
In your productivity-minded universe, you’ve “outsourced” everything
from grocery delivery (hi, online shopping!) to email responses
(#allthetemplates), but your workload still sits at full capacity.
Bringing on someone to help share the load
has crossed your mind, but where do you find the
right people to even PUT into an interview pool?
I am going to give you the step-by-step blueprint
to serving more people and making more money by
building a team as a creative entrepreneur.
Hi! I'm Nancy Ray!
If you’ve ever thought, “I need someone to help me with all this,” but you’ve not known where to start, I hear you.
I was an over-worked wedding photographer with my husband as my second shooter. My business was completely dependent on me. I dipped my toe in the water by hiring an intern for three months, and I was blown away with what I could accomplish when I had someone else pulling the load with me. Over time (and a LOT of chapters from business books), I slowly, intentionally, tailor-made a team that can now manage our family business and allow me to spend more time at home with my kids.
Here’s the thing: you and I have the same number of hours in a day! How you lay the foundation of growing your team makes ALL the difference. If you are in it to build a business — and a legacy — you need to step into the shoes of a leader and cultivate a healthy, life-giving culture.
I’ve packed my Nancy Ray Photography (NRP) hiring, culture-building, and leadership strategy into an eight week virtual mentoring program… and now? I’m handing it over to you!
What You'll Learn Inside Foundations in Team Building:
- Clarifying the “Why” in your work—and how this simple yet powerful step creates buy-in and purpose for each of your team members, for the long haul.
- Basics of Financial Readiness for Teambuilding, from hiring on studio help (you’re gonna be busy training!) to prepping for payroll and everything in between.
- How a Non-Compete Works, because you don’t want to hamstring them on their fledgling career … you just want to wisely protect yourself! I tell my team members I want to “bless you on the way in, and bless you on the way out,” so I’ll show you how to set up a non-compete with great integrity.
- Employees vs. Contractors … you were waiting for this, right!?? At NRP, we have both—whoop!—so I can tell you how all of this works.
- Our 6 Step Small Business Hiring Process—listen, we don’t apologize for having a very thorough interview process for our team members. No, they may not be multi-six figure-earning, corner-office-sitting employees, but that doesn’t mean we think they’re any less important to our business—and we should treat them as such, starting with the interview.
- An Outline of Our Training Process, from Day 1 until they’re finally ready to book on their own, so you can equip your team members to think like you.
- The 5 Step Marketing Process to Launch Your Team—it’s a pretty big business shift to go from solo to a team, and it’s important you communicate that well to your audience. I’ve included the steps we took to get the message out from social media to our website and pricing guides.
- How to Navigate Conflict Unafraid, because’ it’s going to happen—and that’s ok! I’ll show you how to address these situations when they arise.
- Who Owns Rights 101 because you were wondering this, right? Most entrepreneurs do! I’ll tell you how we manage the NRP studio body of work, while making sure our associates get allllllll the credit to build their own brands under NRP.
AND WE GOTTA HAVE SOME BONUSES, RIGHT?
You'll also get access to:
An Effective Hiring Process
including everything from our blogpost & Instagram post templates to all of our interview questions, and more, so you can glide right through the hiring process with a step-by-step to-do list.
Our Internship Program
where you will not only receive everything there is to know about our Internship Program from start to finish, you'll also get the template for our Intern Handbook! That way you can easily implement it in your own business.
The NRP Toolbox
including all of our favorite team resources in an easy to read at-a-glance format. Our favorite business books, systems, shortcuts and apps for business and teams, all in one spot.
Private Facebook Community
where you don't JUST get a fantastic crew of like-minded entrepreneurs: my team and I hop in weekly to answer your questions as you work through the content, serving as your built-in accountability buddies
StartLesson 1: Four Strategic Steps
StartLesson 2: All That Legal Stuff
StartLesson 3: Crafting Your Dream Team
StartLesson 4: Let the Rope Out Slowly
StartLesson 5: Countdown to Launch
StartLesson 6: Fearless Leading
StartLesson 7: What is EOS?
StartLesson 8: Drink the Kool Aid!
StartLesson 9: You Asked, We Answered
StartLesson 10: Exit Strategy
StartBonus Lesson: The First Step to Grow Your Team
Get started now!
How to know if you’re a perfect fit for
the Foundations in Team Building Course:
Whether you’re stuck on what in the world goes in that contract (admit it: you’re terrified they’ll steal all your stuff and run for the door—it’s okay! That’s a normal fear.), or just staring at your bank account wondering when it’s going to blink in green that you’re ready to hire, Foundations in Team Building is my way to have an extended coffee date with you to breathe vision, life, and process into your team as a mentor. This 10-lesson, self-paced online training program is jam-packed with tips and tricks… and plenty of things I’ve never revealed about growing a team until now.
How does Foundations in Team Building work?
- As soon as you enroll, the lessons are yours to dive into! Put on a fresh cup of coffee (seriously-- these are the coffee date mentorship conversations I've been having for years!) and hit play-- you've got lifetime access, because team building is NOT a sprint.
- Carve out time over 4 weeks to watch your week's lessons and hop in the Facebook Group to ask questions: my team and I will be popping in to help you during those first 4 weeks, so you can get live support as you work through the content.
- Fast forward and step into the shoes of a TRUE leader: when it comes to starting up and building a team, you're set with mentorship, interview questions, processes, and culture-building insight to grow a business outside of yourself-- and that's what this whole thing's all about.
“A few years ago I was running on the hamster wheel with the day to day tasks of editing, emailing, packaging, etc. I was overwhelmed, overworked and not making any progress on the things that I knew would grow my business. I knew I needed help and felt ready to hire an assistant, but didn’t know the first thing about seeking applicants, interviewing or qualifying candidates. Not to mention how to train them, pay them and create a great work environment once they were in working with me.
My current Studio Manager has been on my team for a year and a half and has been training to second shoot. I have also recently begun taking on seasonal interns and am now considering hiring an associate photographer to grow the business further. I truly believe that none of this growth would have been possible without the knowledge that is provided through this course. Everything I have learned about how to grow and lead a team and build a healthy and fun culture, I learned from Nancy.”
- Cheyenne Schultz, Cheyenne Schultz Photography
“Although I have some systems in place, I knew that I needed to solidify them in order to run a more efficient business. Nancy’s course foundations in Team Building gave me tools and practical information on how to proceed. Now, I know how to reassess my systems by going through the framework steps listed, which will not only keep me focused on the core principles, but how they affect the bigger picture as well as the day to day! This rocks!”
- Kio Nganga, Kio Nganga Photography
“For years I’ve been desperate for a team dynamic but thought there was no way I would be able to pull it off, but once I started hiring this summer after learning more about Nancy’s team building story and process on a podcast and then experienced these incredibly thorough and easy to understand videos in the course…I felt so empowered to take it to another level and feel more confident moving forward to lead my team better and welcome more on board!”
- Amanda Hedgepeth, Amanda Hedgepeth Photography
"Nancy's Foundations in Team Building course is completely unmatched. When the time came for me to hire an associate photographer, I was so happy to have this incredible resource to work through at my own page. From interview questions to writing an application to how to serve your team and be an amazing leader, I feel excited and prepared to grow my business. I'm certain that every detail has been thoughtfully planned so that I can confidently hire the right person for the job. Whether you're ready to hire or just hope to in the future, you won't regret having this course in your back pocket."
- Lauren Jolly, Lauren Jolly Photography